1818 Pallas - Eastwest

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41SMRN3EBRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: The Sentinel; Year: 1984; Genre: Progressive Rock
Yet another day loaded with stress; oh joy! I'm just immersing myself in some nice progressive rock in hopes that the crap goes away.
Anyway, the music in this song reminds me a lot of Pink Floyd in many ways, but in other ways it has it's unique sound. Lyrically, in the greater concept about the fall of Atlantis, this one falls earlier on in the story and appears to just precede its destruction. Interestingly enough, I believe that this one was heavily influenced by the Cold War, which was still going strong at the time of this album's release. Also at the same time many of the lyrics seem to also fit the world in the present tense.

Hear Eastwest on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Finntroll - Ursvamp

My song pick two years ago today: Eric Burdon & the Animals - Sky Pilot

My song pick three years ago today: The Rogue Traders - Voodoo Child

My song pick four years ago today: The Cranberries - Zombie

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn