1897 Hawkwind - Hurry on Sundown

From: Hawkwind; Year: 1970; Genre: Blues Rock/Psychedelic Rock
I was going over some of Hawkwind's earlier material the other day; after hearing this track I kept going back over and listening to it. If you are used to their normal sound, I have to say it's a bit different; this is quite a bluesy track with a bit of psychedelia thrown in. Actually there is a version of the song that was recorded prior to their first album when they were still going by "Hawkwind Zoo," which in my opinion sounds more like what they would end up sounding like. Anyway, no matter the version it's really interesting to hear such an early recording of the band.

Hear Hurry on Sundown on YouTube.
Hear the 1969 single recording from when the band was still known as "Hawkwind Zoo" on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Steeleye Span - New York Girls

My song pick two years ago today: The Steve Miller Band - Living in the U.S.A.

My song pick three years ago today: Three Dog Night - Shambala

My song pick four years ago today: Diesel - Sausalito Summernight

My song pick five years ago today: Eric Clapton - Layla


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn