2013 Voivod - Mechanical Mind

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61QDYbvrHNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Target Earth; Year: 2013; Genre: Thrash Metal/Progressive Metal
Because my pick number has reached 2013 today will be the final time my song pick number will coincide with the year a song was released. Tomorrow I guess I can go back to picking random stuff, although I might have a theme week just around the corner.
Anyway, I wasn't sure if I was going to find a song that I liked and wanted to pick that was released within the five or so weeks in this rather young year. However I came across this brand new album from the Canadian Progressive/Thrash Metal band Voivod. To be honest I hadn't heard about them before today, but I am glad I looked into their music; very much worth a listen and then some.

Hear Mechanical Mind on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Quasar - Fanfare/Seeing Stars

My song pick two years ago today: Waylander - A Hero's Lament

My song pick three years ago today: Queen - Seaside Rendezvous

My song pick four years ago today: Warren Zevon - Werewolves of London

My song pick five years ago today: Band of Horses - Is There A Ghost?


Comments

  1. I really loved seeing you pick all those songs from those years. Many songs could be my pick... I wonder if I ever reach the point of having 1950 songs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for continuing to visit my blog, it's nice to know I have someone who reads what I write. I too love a lot of the songs you have been picking, some of which I had never heard of before. Now that is what is truly awesome about these blogs!
      To be perfectly honest though the only reason I have made it this far is that I really do this blog for myself. I think that is where many of the other bloggers hit a snag and quit posting. These song a day/10,000 song blogs in reality do not bring a lot of views. Heck, I am lucky anymore to get over 50 views a day, and most of those are probably just search bots; it would not surprise me if I only have 2 to 5 people regularly reading my blog. That's why I believe that most have fallen silent; they do it for web hits and when people stop coming the people running them lose interest.
      From the start I never went into doing this blog for that reason; it might sound selfish, but with maybe a few exceptions the songs I pick are either ones that I like or I find interesting even if it is something that I think no one else would enjoy and it might even turn people off to my blog. Of course, blogging about the music I love has been fun most of the time, which helps. That being said, however, on those rare occasions when I turn someone on to a song or artist he/she has never heard before, even if it is on a rare occasion, makes doing this all that more worth my time.
      As long as you do the blog for yourself and continue having fun with it I see no reason that you cannot make it to 2000 songs and beyond! I have to say it has been nice to have another blogger out there keeping up with the good work. I'm just hoping that eventually Max and Arthur will come back as well; I really miss reading their blogs.

      Delete
    2. I started my blog in English, but now I'm writing in Dutch. Makes it easier to go on. I'm having 3 to 6 views a day, coming from 2 or 3 visitors a day. Seems like I'm writing for myself, and still having fun.

      Delete
    3. As long as you are enjoying it that's all that matters. That's exactly the way I have been doing it for so long, but even if you are only sharing it with a couple of others it is still worth the time spent in my opinion.
      You can at least count me as one of your viewers.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn