2244 Sly and the Family Stone - I Want to Take You Higher

From: Stand!; Year: 1969; Genre: Funk/Soul
I though I would do two Funky Friday picks back-to-back, and I felt like listening to some Sly and the Family Stone anyway. As with the majority of their work, it's really difficult to be in a bad mood whilst listening to their music.

Hear I Want to Take You Higher on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Argent - Tragedy

My song pick two years ago today: Weather Report - Barbary Coast

My song pick three years ago today: Molly Hatchet - Gator Country

My song pick four years ago today: The Beatles - I Me Mine

My song pick five years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Up Around The Bend

My song pick six years ago today: Rammstein - Du Riechst So Gut


Comments

  1. Sly is always a solid FF choice.

    So have you heard the new Dream Theater?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not yet. Is it pretty good?

      Delete
    2. Definitely meatier sounding than the last one. Typical DT indulgent badassery.

      I think my fave might be the instrumental, "Enigma Machine."

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)