1878 Argent - Tragedy

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/516OPz3CG9L._SS500_.jpg
From: All Together Now; Year: 1972; Genre: Progressive Rock/Hard Rock
I had an urge to listen to some Argent today and thought it would be a good idea to pick another one of their tracks too.
While being overshadowed by their monster hit Hold Your Head Up, Tragedy was one of the lesser hits from All Together Now. It's a pretty good track that is carried through the verses by an excellent thumping funky bass line. As with much of the material from Argent each instrument is played amazingly and it seems as if each and every one of them has a solo at one point during this song.
An excellent piece of funky prog rock for this Thursday.

Hear Tragedy on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Weather Report - Barbary Coast

My song pick two years ago today: Molly Hatchet - Gator Country

My song pick three years ago today: The Beatles - I Me Mine

My song pick four years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Up Around The Bend

My song pick five years ago today: Rammstein - Du Riechst So Gut


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn