1502 Weather Report - Barbary Coast

1502 Weather Report - Barbary Coast
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61trcMwmuTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Black Market, Year: 1976
Genre: Jazz Fusion/Funk

I was having a lot of fun playing with this song yesterday; I decided that if I had not picked it I would today. Well, low and behold, I checked and surprisingly I hadn't added it to my list yet.
This is one of my favouite tunes from the band, I like how it takes you all over the place. I absolutely love how they used the blast of a train horn at the beginning to usher in the song and at the end you hear the click-clack of the train going by; almost as if the song is a symbolic train itself.
This was one of only two songs on the Black Market album to feature Jaco Pastorius; it is actually a composition of his as well. Jaco Pastorius would go on to replace Alphonso Johnson and join the band full time for the next four studio albums and was then be replaced by Victor Bailey. It's amazing just how many great bassists played in this band.

Hear Barbary Coast on YouTube.
Watch a live performance on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Molly Hatchet - Gator Country

My song pick two years ago today: The Beatles - I Me Mine

My song pick three years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Up Around The Bend

My song pick four years ago today: Rammstein - Du Riechst So Gut

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade