2260 Simon & Garfunkle - Mrs. Robinson

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41VrAYSEeCL.jpg
From: Bookends: Year: 1968; Genre: Folk Rock
Last night I had this song running through my mind, essentially keeping me awake and depriving me of sleep. As I always do, I took it as a sign that the it needed picked.
Anyway, I've always liked this song every since I first heard it. Mrs. Robinson is one of those songs that has it where it counts and has it in spades: great musical arrangements, incredible lyrics, amazing vocals, and an excellent all around production quality. Not only that but it was part of the soundtrack of a classic film: The Graduate.

Hear Mrs. Robinson on YouTube.
Hear the original version from The Graduate on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Rare Earth - Get Ready

My song pick two years ago today: Trio of Doom - Continuum

My song pick three years ago today: Jethro Tull - Aqualung

My song pick four years ago today: Bill Monroe & the Blue Grass Boys - Wayfaring Stranger

My song pick five years ago today: Billy Squier - In The Dark

My song pick six years ago today: Jethro Tull - Steel Monkey


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade