2280 Marillion - Assassing

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51rKd7CzZLL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Fugazi; Year: 1984; Genre: Progressive Rock
The other day Woordenaar picked a song from Marillion, and I thought I would pick one from the band as well.
I know many others might disagree, but especially with Fish on lead vocals to me Marillion sound like what I imagine Genesis would've sounded like in the '80s if Peter Gabriel had stayed with them. Anyway, this is definitely an 80's prog rock track in the extreme with synth being pushed to the forefront, but still has all of that prog rock goodness.

Hear Assassing on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Ian Anderson - Kismet in Suburbia

My song pick two years ago today: Hawkwind - Fable of a Failed Race

My song pick three years ago today: Billy Joel - It's Still Rock and Roll to Me

My song pick four years ago today: Daft Punk - One More Time

My song pick five years ago today: Al Stewart - Time Passages

My song pick six years ago today: Stealer's Wheel - Star


Comments

  1. I think this is the first Marillion song that I really listened to, the live Real To Reel version that is. Great song!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn