1539 Hawkwind - Fable of a Failed Race

1539 Hawkwind - Fable of a Failed Race
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/618bT13GzaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Quark, Strangeness and Charm, Year: 1977
Genre: Progressive Rock/Space Rock

I'm drawing a blank for a song to pick today, so I'm picking one that I've been meaning to for a while now.
This is a rather mellow track somewhat in the vein of Pink Floyd with Sci-Fi poetry for lyrics. One of my favourite aspects of this track is Robert Calvert's vocals, which reminds me a lot of Peter Gabriel's from his Genesis years in particular.

Hear Fable of a Failed Race on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Billy Joel - It's Still Rock and Roll to Me

My song pick two years ago today: Daft Punk - One More Time

My song pick three years ago today: Al Stewart - Time Passages

My song pick four years ago today: Stealer's Wheel - Star

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade