2836 The Drifters - Save the Last Dance for Me

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51sd4uyKZVL._SS280.jpg
From: Save the Last Dance for Me; Year: 1962; Genre: R&B/Doo-Wop
Yesterday I learned of the passing of the legendary singer/songwriter Ben E. King at the age of 76. Of course after hearing of it I absolutely had to pick one of the songs he performed; he was always one I liked a lot.
Anyway, this was one of his larger hits when leading The Drifters and almost assuredly one almost everybody knows; it just felt perfect for the day

Hear Save the Last Dance for Me on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Stanley Clarke - Hot Fun

My song pick two years ago today: Beat Crusaders - Moon on the Water

My song pick three years ago today: The Rolling Stones - Wild Horses

My song pick four years ago today: Rammstein - Haifisch

My song pick five years ago today: Tanya Tucker - What's Your Mama's Name?

My song pick six years ago today: Bad Company - Bad Company

My song pick seven years ago today: The Highwaymen - The Highwayman


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade