2846 Michael Martin Murphey - Secret Mountain Hideout


http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51CfrvuDI9L._SS280.jpg
From: Blue Sky-Night Thunder; Year: 1975; Genre: Folk Rock/Rock/Country
I had this track stuck in my mind this morning and as always I took it as I needed to pick it today.
This is one I've always liked quite a bit; there's a definite influence of Elton John throughout this one and not just because of the honkytonk piano, it's more to do with the arrangements. But anyway, bottom line: it's a very fun song to sit back and listen to.

Hear Secret Mountain Hideout on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Rhapsody of Fire - The Mighty Ride of the Firelord

My song pick two years ago today: Argent - Liar
My song pick three years ago today: Hawkwind - Time We Left This World Today

My song pick four years ago today: Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)

My song pick five years ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - Midnight Rider

My song pick six years ago today: Ian Anderson - Made In England

My song pick seven years ago today: Mel McDaniel - Louisiana Saturday Night

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn