2844 Carmen - Shady Lady

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhAwlrRKkP2i5Fh4i-NJlV8BRshfbH4th8fJ-B6MxWtRPafLX2a3Ov11Q_j2GxpZSTPXumrDsUThGUdTEU1Ujr4vGIE0uVw379Zu1ofihwjaIcm2rCAUEPBfdv4YKokVV8PABcMSnAbfjY/s200/cover_8817852010.jpg
From: The Gypsies; Year:1975; Genre: Progressive Rock/Flamenco Rock
Was in the mood from something from the band Carmen this morning; I've always been fond of this album, which is the band's "swansong."
As with a lot of their material on the record, this one has a great mix of the flamenco inspired progressive rock with a harder edge than their other albums; both power and beauty, as it should be.

Hear Shady Lady on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Nightwish - Nymphomaniac Fantasia

My song pick two years ago today: The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter

My song pick three years ago today: The Who - My Wife

My song pick four years ago today: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge

My song pick five years ago today: Queen - These Are The Days Of Our Lives

My song pick six years ago today: Megadeth - À Tout le Monde

My song pick seven years ago today: Booker T & The MGs - Green Onions


Comments

  1. It still looks like that woman has a horrific gash on her leg. Of course, the fact that it's a picture of a worn out album cover isn't helping...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree. it's a difficult album to find pictures for. It's not really that popular; neither is the band, but I still like 'em.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade