2889 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1080 - Art of Fugue

BWV. 1080; Year(s): 1740-1750; Genre: Baroque Period/classical
This is some very uplifting and glorious music; I definitely needed it today.
One of the pieces from the twilight of the Maestro's illustrious life and is really an exposition in counter-point with 3 to 4 melodies (voices) going at once to make a gorgeous sound.

Hear Art of Fugue (BWV 1080) on YouTube. All nearly 80 minutes of musical heaven on the organ.



My song pick a year ago today: Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name

My song pick two years ago today: Jethro Tull - Inside

My song pick three years ago today: Nightwish - The Crow, the Owl and the Dove

My song pick four years ago today: Wilson Pickett - Mr. Magic Man

My song pick five years ago today: PAIN featuring Anette Olzon - Follow Me

My song pick six years ago today: Nightwish - Phantom of the Opera

My song pick seven years ago today: Rush - Natural Science


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn