1555 Nirvana - About a Girl

1555 Nirvana - About a Girl
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/65/96/0ee11363ada0ac347281d010.L.jpg
From: Bleach, Year: 1989
Genre: Alternative Rock/Grunge/Pop

I had this track on my mind this morning and it fits my mood pretty good.
While I've never been a bona fide fan of their music, there are more than a few of Nirvana's songs that I like. I believe that I'm more into Grunge now than I was back when it was the 'in' thing. I guess I don't feel as bombarded anymore and can actually sit back and enjoy it for what it is rather than it being the newest thing 'you must' be into.
Anyway, this track comes off of their '89 debut album Bleach; it has a very distinct Beatleish sound to it. From what I've read Kurt Cobain wrote it after listening to one of the Beatles' albums a bunch of times.

Hear About a Girl on YouTube.
Watch their 'unplugged' performance on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Forest - Gypsy Girl & Rambleaway

My song pick two years ago today: Steely Dan - Caves of Altamira

My song pick three years ago today: Free - All Right Now

My song pick four years ago today: The Easybeats - Friday On My Mind

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn