1552 Steve Vai - Bad Horsie

1552 Steve Vai - Bad Horsie
From: Alien Love Secrets, Year: 1995
Genre: Hard Rock

I was listening to this song the other day; I thought I'd already picked it before. I checked and apparently I hadn't yet, so today I will.
As with the majority of his work, this track showcases his virtuosity and inventiveness with the guitar. I love the thunderous, gritty, and bassy chords Steve Vai used in this one.
You can actually hear this song in an embryonic state in the '86 Ralph Macchio film Crossroads at the beginning of the guitar duel between him and Steve Vai, who plays the part of the Devil's guitarist Jack Butler. The entire guitar duel scene from the movie can be found here on YouTube.

Also, I happened to notice that Bill, (Heuristics Inc.), has fired up his song-a-day blog once again.

Hear Bad Horsie on YouTube.
Watch a music video/performance on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Fats Domino - Ain't That a Shame

My song pick two years ago today: ABBA - I Let the Music Speak

My song pick three years ago today: Stone Temple Pilots - The Big Empty

My song pick four years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Mr. Blue Sky

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade