1556 Red Hot Chili Peppers - Ethiopia

1556 Red Hot Chili Peppers - Ethiopia
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31TKl5-5HeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: I'm With You, Year: 2011
Genre: Alternative Rock/Funk

I feel like making a Funky Friday pick today. This is one of my favourite songs off of RHCP's most recent release: I'm With You; it's one of the more dynamic tracks on the album. Apparently the band got some of their influence for this track from an Ethiopian band called Africa Express; from what I understand they hung out and jammed quite a bit.
I love how they employed odd time signatures in this song and yet to the untrained ear you really don't notice it; that, in my opinion, is the mark of an excellent band when they are able to do that.

Hear Ethiopia on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Bass Extremes - Glorious Pastorius

My song pick two years ago today: Alexander Courage - Where No Man Has Gone Before (Theme From Star Trek)

My song pick three years ago today: The Temptations - Get Ready

My song pick four years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Not Fragile

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6961. Explorers Club - Raising the Mammoth 2: AKA Prog-o-matic - Gigantipithicus

6962. The Grateful Dead - We Can Run

2959 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 225 - Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied

6965. Lou Gramm - Just Between You and Me

6966. Slade - Far Far Away

6314. Lionel Richie - Hello

6964. B.T. Express - Shake It Off