1695 Dudley Moore Trio - Yesterdays

From: Jazz, Blues & Moore, Year: 2005 (1966), Genre: Cool Jazz
The other day Max commented on the fact that actor Steve Martin is a very accomplished banjo player. It got me thinking about the many other actors that have an insane musical talent; one that I'm always amazed by was the late-great actor and comedian Dudley Moore.
Dudley Moore actually had quite a prolific recording career both with Peter Cook and the Dudley Moore Trio. Ever since I first heard some of his material I was amazed; probably the performance that sticks out the most was a live video of him making a parody/sonata in the style of Beethoven based on the whistling melody from The Bridge on the River Kwai, which can be found here on YouTube. After seeing that I doubt anyone could question his ability as a musician.
Anyway, this song I'm picking for today from the Dudley Moore Trio is a rather upbeat and catchy piece of cool jazz.

Hear Yesterdays on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Jethro Tull - With You There To Help Me

My song pick two years ago today: Dizzy Gillespie and His Orchestra - Things to Come

My song pick three years ago today: Simon & Garfunkel - Hazy Shade of Winter

My song pick four years ago today: Lita Ford feat. Ozzy Osbourne - Close My Eyes Forever

+

Comments

  1. This is a great call. Dudley was amazing.

    (having to post here because my blog's been in the crapper all day)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He definitely was an amazing musician and composer. I find weird how, with his great musical talent, that he is noted for his roles in film rather than his musical career. Maybe it's different in his native Britain, it wouldn't surprise me. I hate the mindset of "If it's not big in American then they must suck." If I kept that mindset there would be a lot of music I'd have missed out on.

    I noticed that your blog would hang and then I'd get a "server failed to respond" error, which is still happening today. I hope everything's okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's official. My blog went belly up. They discontinued the Blogware service and I had no idea they were doing that.

      I'm getting conflicting information as to if/when the content was deleted, so I might still be able to migrate it to the PressHarbor service. But maybe not. And even if I can, they want $99 to do the migration. In any case, the sidebar web pages (like the logs) are most definitely gone for good.

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry to hear that; that totally sucks. It would've been nice to have at least a day's notification.
      I take it you didn't have a back-up for your blog or didn't have a database stored locally? Which service wants to charge you for migration? Is it your old one or the new one? If it's the new one that you're migrating to, there are many free alternatives and if it's in atom export format it should work on almost any service.
      But, if that's too much of a hassle and you have a list of the songs you already picked, then mayhap you can just make that list your first post and start over; I almost did that when I started using Blogger.

      Anyway, be sure to send me your new blog url when you have it going; if there's anything that I can do to help on my end let me know.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn