5633. The Nightwatchman - Which Side Are You On?

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51KIQmWUIUL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Union Town; Year: 2011; Genre: Folk Rock/Folk
Was thinking of choosing something from another artist, but for some reason I just felt like picking this one today.
This is song is product of the fight for workers rights from the first half of the 20th Century here in the U.S.. With lyrics written by poet and activist Florence Reece after her and her family were terrorized and brutalized by hired thugs, the tune is based on a traditional song: Jack Monroe, which had also been used for other songs as well and recorded many times by many artists.
Far and gone, this is my favourite song from Tom Morello's "alter ego" The Nightwatchman; just so much power and heaviness in this track.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Dire Straits - So Far Away

My song pick 5 years ago today: Steve Miller Band - Winter Time

My song pick 6 years ago today: Gloryhammer - Apocalypse 1992

My song pick 7 years ago today: Dream Theater - A Rite of Passage

My song pick 8 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Mountain Men

My song pick 9 years ago today: Marcus Miller - Come Together

My song pick 10 years ago today: Journey - Don't Stop Believing

My song pick 11 years ago today: Black Sabbath - The Mob Rules

My song pick 12 years ago today: Roger Waters - It's a Miracle

My song pick 13 years ago today: Eric Idle - F--- Christmas

My song pick 14 years ago today: Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay

My song pick 15 years ago today: The Kinks - Celluloid Heroes
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

5953. David Essex - Stardust

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In