3059. Van Der Graaf Generator - Still Life

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61yAnK0tb9L.jpg
From: Still Life; Year: 1976; Genre: Progressive Rock
For really no reason whatsoever I felt like listening to something from this heavier prog-rock band. This song, the title track from their '76 Still Life album, has for almost the first three minutes essentially light singing of heavier lyrics accompanied by a Hammond Organ. The entire band then really kicks in hard in grand fashion; and I love the way they arranged it; how it ebbs and swells.

Hear Still Life on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Stryper - To Hell with the Devil

My song pick two years ago today: The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up

My song pick three years ago today: Alestorm - Leviathan

My song pick four years ago today: Rush - What You're Doing

My song pick five years ago today: Rahsaan Roland Kirk - Bright Moments

My song pick six years ago today: Maddy Prior - The Fabled Hare

My song pick seven years ago today: Chuck Berry - Almost Grown

My song pick eight years ago today: Gerry Rafferty - Right Down The Line


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade