5694. Joan Baez - Rejoice in the Sun

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61yJ6j7tOZL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: The Original Soundtrack Album "Silent Running"; Year: 1972; Genre: Folk Rock/Folk
Joan Baez's music and absolutely beautiful vocals have been on my mind a lot lately; I happened upon her two songs from the soundtrack of the early 1970s film Silent Running, which really caught my attention. All of the music from the film was written by Peter Schickele with lyrics by Diane Lampert on the those two songs sung by Joan Baez. For those perhaps unaware, Peter Schickele is the creator and "genius" behind the classical comedy act P.D. Q. Bach, which has spanned at least five decades.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Asia - The Last to Know

My song pick 5 years ago today: Pink Floyd - Childhood's End

My song pick 6 years ago today: Queensrÿche - Take Hold of the Flame

My song pick 7 years ago today: Glenn Frey - Smuggler's Blues

My song pick 8 years ago today: Weather Report - Predator

My song pick 9 years ago today: Joni Mitchell - Hejira

My song pick 10 years ago today: Dream Theater - Under a Glass Moon

My song pick 11 years ago today: Pearl Jam - Light Years

My song pick 12 years ago today: Band of Horses - Factory

My song pick 13 years ago today: Rush - Freewill

My song pick 14 years ago today: R.E.M. - Stand

My song pick 15 years ago today: Queen - Killer Queen
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In