3099. Glenn Frey - Smuggler's Blues

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31219QDNA0L.jpg
From: The Allnighter; Year: 1984; Genre: Rock/Blues Rock
I learned yesterday of Eagles' guitarists Glenn Frey's passing; as I've been doing too much lately I thought I should pick one of his songs.
This is one of his bigger hits from his solo work away from The Eagles and was used as not only part of the Miami Vice soundtrack, but also inspired an episode based on it with the same title. Also Mr. Frey made an appearance in that episode apparently.

Hear Smuggler's Blues on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Weather Report - Predator

My song pick two years ago today: Joni Mitchell - Hejira

My song pick three years ago today: Dream Theater - Under a Glass Moon

My song pick four years ago today: Pearl Jam - Light Years

My song pick five years ago today: Band of Horses - Factory

My song pick six years ago today: Rush - Freewill

My song pick seven years ago today: R.E.M. - Stand

My song pick eight years ago today: Queen - Killer Queen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn