6305. Hawkwind - The Iron Dream

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81EI020NxOS._SX522_.jpg
From: Quark, Strangeness and Charm; Year: 1977; Genre: Space Rock/Progressive Rock
Another record I have been delving into over the last little bit, Quark, Strangeness and Charm is one of my top favourites from Hawkwind and a blast to listen to.  
The Iron Dream closes out the album, which is an instrumental just under two minutes long. Loosely based on Gustav Holst's Mars and took its title from the 1972 Norman Spinrad novel of the song's namesake. From wot I understand, this track was used as a crescendo to Uncle Sam's on Mars when played live.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

My song pick 5 years ago today: Jerry Reed - Miller's Cave

My song pick 6 years ago today: Ozric Tentacles - Yum Yum Tree

My song pick 7 years ago today: Sly and the Family Stone - You Can Make it if You Try

My song pick 8 years ago today: Deep Purple - Stormbringer

My song pick 9 years ago today: Egg - Fugue in D-Minor

My song pick 10 years ago today: Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - The Last DJ

My song pick 11 years ago today: Van Der Graaf Generator - Lemmings (Including Cog)

My song pick 12 years ago today: Nightwish - Feel for You

My song pick 13 years ago today: Genesis - Keep It Dark

My song pick 14 years ago today: Rush - Lessons

My song pick 15 years ago today: Badfinger - Come and Get It

My song pick 16 years ago today: Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends

My song pick 17 years ago today: Rush - Far Cry

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship