6293. The Steve Miller Band - Swingtown

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61HDdqEV-kS._SX522_.jpg
From: Book of Dreams; Year: 1977; Genre: Rock
Here is another hit song from one of my most liked bands that I had yet to pick apparently. Swingtown is one those songs that is interesting to listen to and is near perfect for the dance floor, plus it is a track that can be played and go over well in mixed company.
Kind of funny too, recently discovered that, according to Greg Leon, he and Randy Rhodes were messing around with the main riff to this track and thought it sounded awesome when sped up, which eventually became inspiration for the verse riff for the Ozzy Osbourne metal classic Crazy Train; now that I know this I cannot "unhear" it....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Pink Floyd - Two Suns In the Sunset

My song pick 6 years ago today: Marillion - Lavender

My song pick 7 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Spy in the House of the Night

My song pick 8 years ago today: Chicago - Saturday in the Park

My song pick 9 years ago today: Buffalo Springfield - Expecting to Fly

My song pick 10 years ago today: Faith No More - We Care a Lot

My song pick 11 years ago today: Nena - Rette Mich

My song pick 12 years ago today: Rush - New World Man

My song pick 13 years ago today: Ten Years After - One of These Days

My song pick 14 years ago today: Fairport Convention - Polly on the Shore

My song pick 15 years ago today: The Guess Who - No Time
 
My song pick 16 years ago today: Jerry Reed - Lord, Mr. Ford
 
My song pick 17 years ago today: Nena - Irgendwie, Irgendwo, Irgendwann
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship