1603 Van der Graaf Generator - Whatever Would Robert Have Said?

1603 Van der Graaf Generator - Whatever Would Robert Have Said?
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51G0MIf2QdL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: The Least We Can Do Is Wave to Each Other, Year: 1970
Genre: Progressive Rock

I've been really digging this album for the last little bit ever since I first got a chance to hear it; this is one of my favourite tracks off of the album. This song really fits the definition of Progressive Rock to a tee; it actually reminds me a lot of earlier David Bowie, especially the vocals.
From what I understand the Robert they are referring to is supposedly Robert J. Van de Graaff, who was the inventor of the Van De Graaff Generator from which the band got its name.

Hear Whatever Would Robert Have Said on YouTube.
Here is a live performance/video on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Steve Vai - Kill the Guy with the Ball/The God Eaters

My song pick two years ago today: Banchee - John Doe

My song pick three years ago today: Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone

My song pick four years ago today: Queen - Don't Stop Me Now

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade