1873 Rosanne Cash - Seven Year Ache

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2Bng6T5WCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Seven Year Ache: Year: 1981: Genre: Country/Pop Rock
Off and on for about the last week I've had this song running through my mind; I thought I'd go ahead like I normally do and pick it.
Seven Year Ache is one of the biggest hits for Rosanne Cash, who, as you can probably guess by her last name, is the daughter of legendary musician Johnny Cash. When I was young the song was a huge hit, I clearly remember hearing it being played almost everywhere; even to this day it gets a lot of play.
It's what can be called a "country crossover" or "country pop," which was quite prevalent at the time it was recorded; it definitely bares some of the hallmarks of each genre. Mostly what I've always loved about this one is that strong mid tempo rhythm that the entire song is built on. I also like the way they launch and come back down out of the chorus and, of course, her lower ranged vocals. I've always been more of a fan of the more powerful and lower registered female vocals. Personally I'd much rather hear someone singing like Rosanne Cash than shrieking into a microphone overusing vibrato like is prevalent in most pop.

Hear Seven Year Ache on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: R.E.M. - The One I Love

My song pick two years ago today: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesday's Gone

My song pick three years ago today: The Beatles - Help!

My song pick four years ago today: Santana - Black Magic Woman

My song pick five years ago today: Bon Jovi - Tokyo Road


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade