1857 Pearls Before Swine - The Surrealist Waltz

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61SE5DKF59L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: One Nation Underground; Year: 1967; Genre: Psychedelic Rock
For a little over the last couple of weeks or so, (since the big move and all), I've haven't been listening as much to the radio or other media. So, as is probably glaringly noticeable, I have been relying heavily on my extreme personal tastes for my picks as of late; I certainly hope that I haven't been boring the few who read my blog. Anyway, soon, hopefully I will once again start listening to some other music that I like and/or find interesting to blog about.
Well, today I'm picking another song that I personally adore. The Surrealist Waltz closes out Pearls Before Swine's debut album One Nation Underground and was an excellent choice to end such a great album I might say. While I like their other work, their debut album still is my personal favourite from their catalogue.
As the title suggests the song is in a 3/4 waltz time; it driven mostly by a well defined line on the organ and of course the drums, which hold the beat down throughout.

Hear The Surrealist Waltz on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Queen - Spread Your Wings

My song pick two years ago today: Rush - Working Man

My song pick three years ago today: Elmore James - The Sky is Crying

My song pick four years ago today: The Allman Brothers - Jessica

My song pick five years ago today: Megadeth - Foreclosure of a Dream

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn