1879 Soundgarden - Black Rain

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61h%2BMPeGDuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Telephantasm; Year(s): 1991, 2010; Genre: Alternative Metal
Before I get to my pick I happened to notice that Woordenaar has started up his blog again! Welcome back to the blogosphere Woordenaar! It's totally awesome to have another blog back up.

Anyway, on to today's pick: very soon Soundgarden will be releasing their first album since 1996: King Animal; I positively cannot wait. The great year for new album releases just continues!
This track has it's origins back in 1991 and was supposed to be part of the Badmotorfinger album, however apparently it didn't turn out like they'd hoped and was left on the cutting room floor so to speak. Fast forward to just a few years ago, the band for some reason decided to revisit the abandoned track and breathe new life into it. In the end the song got heavily reworked, so just about of much of it is new as is from back then; they actually did an excellent job mixing the sounds of the band's two eras. An awesome track; you got to love it, hearing metal in 9/8 time.

Hear Black Rain on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Chickenfoot - Lighten Up

My song pick two years ago today: Aerosmith - Dream On

My song pick three years ago today: Rush - One Little Victory

My song pick four years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Fortunate Son

My song pick five years ago today: Franz Schubert - Op. 1 - Der Erlkönig "The ErlKing"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade