1867 Johann Strauss II - Op. 314 - An Der Schönen Blauen Donau, or (The Blue Danube Waltz)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3a/Johann_Strauss_II_%283%29.jpg/170px-Johann_Strauss_II_%283%29.jpg
Op. 314; Year: 1867; Genre: Romantic Period/classical
I had another song I was ready to pick today, but I happened to look through what was happening in the world of music circa 1867, which also happens to be my pick number, and I noticed two songs in particular that premiered that year that caught my attention; of course this was one of them.
An Der Schönen Blaunen Donau, also known as The Blue Danube Waltz is yet another piece of classical music that anyone, save those living somewhere under a rock, has most likely heard at sometime. It is without a doubt one of Johann Strauss I's best known pieces of music over some 150+ years since it was first debuted.

Hear the piece on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Walter Murphy Band - A Fifth of Beethoven

My song pick two years ago today: Béla Fleck & the Flecktones - A Celtic Medley: Meridian/Traveling Light/Salamander's Reel

My song pick three years ago today: Finntroll - Trollhammeren

My song pick four years ago today: Pink Floyd - Learning to Fly

My song pick five years ago today: Fire Bomber (Humming Bird) - Remember 16

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn