1863 Styx - Snowblind

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/46/Styx_-_Paradise_Theater.jpg
From: Paradise Theater; Year: 1981; Genre: Progressive Rock
This morning whilst I was running some errands there were about three or four songs from Styx that came on my iPod within a little bit of listening. Because of this I took it as a sign that I needed to pick another Styx track.
To me Paradise Theater is kind of a dividing line for Styx's music that I like, which was released prior to it and the subsequent material that I didn't find as appealing, although there are a few songs they've released after this album that I still do like.
Anyway, to me this one sounds a wee bit different from their normal sound, but is still a good track. This is one of the hits from the album that still gets a modicum of radioplay; as you might be able to tell by the song's title, it's about drug addiction; specifically to cocaine. Interestingly enough, Snowblind also happened to be one of the many songs tried by the PMRC and a few others during the witch hunts back in the '80s, however it wasn't for the obvious drug reference. They actually erroneously accused the band of placing satanic messages in the song through "backmasking."

Here is a fan video with the studio version of Snowblind on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Edvard Grieg - Op. 46 - In the Hall of the Mountain King

My song pick two years ago today: Ben E. King - Don't Play That Song (You Lied)

My song pick three years ago today: Three Dog Night - One

My song pick four years ago today: Billy Joel - Captain Jack

My song pick five years ago today: Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn