1852 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV. 1051 - Brandenburg Concerto No. 6 in B-Flat

BWV. 1051; Year: 1721; Genre: Baroque Period/classical
Well, it's the first of September once again and yet another year has passed since I started this blog; today marks my blog's 5th anniversary. As I have done every year since my first pick, except for the one year I was a day late, I am picking another one of J.S. Bach's Brandenburg Concertos. While this is the final one for me to pick, by all means it's not one I dislike in any way, nor is it my least favourite amongst it brothers, it just happens to be the last one that I picked. Many of the other ones just happened to fit my mood better on previous picks. I guess it's kind of fitting to have the sixth concerto as the final one chosen though.
Anyway, I guess next year I'll have to start another theme to mark my blog's anniversary.
Enjoy this beautiful music and I'll catch you all sometime tomorrow!

Here is a performance of the piece performed by the Freiburg Baroque Orchestra:
Hear the first movement: Allegro on YouTube.
Hear the second movement: Adagio ma non troppo on YouTube.
Hear the third movement: Allegro on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1049 - Brandenburg Concerto No.4 in G major

My song pick two years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1046 - Brandenburg Concerto No.1 in F major

My song pick three years ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed
 
My song pick four years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1050 - Brandenburg Concerto No.5
 
My song pick five years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1047 - Brandenburg Concerto No. 2

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade