1900 Van Der Graaf Generator - A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51nhd9YSraL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Pawn Hearts; Year: 1971; Genre: Progressive Rock
Today marks my one-thousand-nine-hundredth song picked. I probably should've picked a song that was a little more appropriate, but there was no song I could think of and none I really wanted to pick that somehow was related to the number or year 1900. So, as I sometimes do, I am instead picking a huge, epic piece of music to mark the occasion. It's amazing to think that my next "odometer rollover pick" will be my 2000th.
This epic piece of progressive rock was one of three or four tracks contained on the album, depending on the version you bought. A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers is a concept piece that is a bit of a mini opera and is broken up into ten sections: I. Eye Witness, II. Pictures/Lighthouse, III. Eye Witness, IV. S.H.M., V. Presence of the Night, VI. Kosmos Tours, VII. (Custard's) Last Stand, VIII. The Clot Thickens, IX. Land's End (Sineline), X. We Go Now.

Hear the full 23+ minutes of A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Asia - Only Time Will Tell

My song pick two years ago today: British Whale (Justin Hawkins) - This Town Ain't Big Enough For the Both of Us

My song pick three years ago today: Donald MacLeod - Field of Gold

My song pick four years ago today: John Lennon (The Plastic Ono Band) - Hold On

My song pick five years ago today: John Denver - Looking for Space


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade