1907 Sly and the Family Stone - Stand!

From: Stand!; Year: 1969; Genre: Funk/Soul/Psychedelic Rock
This rather uplifting track seemed perfect for today, so I'm going ahead and making it my pick. Of course it's Friday as well, so I might as well make it a proper Funky Friday pick as well. While the entire song is excellent, by far my favourite part is the musical break at the end.

Hear Stand! on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Sethian - Purity in Sorrow

My song pick two years ago today: Sethian - Nothing Is True

My song pick three years ago today: Steely Dan - Charlie Freak

My song pick four years ago today: Van Halen - Summer Nights

My song pick five years ago today: Apocalyptica (featuring Nina Hagen) - Seemann


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn