1920 Chet Atkins - Whispering

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51lIwS56yvL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Workshop; Year: 2010; Genre: Jazz/Pop
This song happened to first be published in the year 1920, which is also today's pick number; it was written by Melvin and John Schonberger.
Most of my memories concerning this song are from hearing my grandfather play Chet's rendition countless times. So even though there are many other good versions out there, there was really no other version that I really wanted to pick other than Chet Atkins'.

Hear Chet Atkins' version on Whispering on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall, Parts 1-3

My song pick two years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - X-Ray Eyes

My song pick three years ago today: Alton Ellis - Sunday Coming

My song pick four years ago today: Pat Benatar - Treat Me Right

My song pick five years ago today: Ronnie Milsap - Smokey Mountain Rain


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn