2097 Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Pictures at an Exhibition

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61DsQuo9qGL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Pictures at an Exhibition; Year: 1971; Genre: Progressive Rock/classical
The other night whilst I was driving home I was listening to some music from Emerson, Lake & Palmer. It's interesting, but at one point the strange noises that are normally part of their music made me think something was wrong with my car. Just a second later I realized that the odd sound was coming from my stereo and not a mechanical part of my automobile.
Anyway, I thought it would be apropos to pick one of their songs today, and by "song" I actually mean a multiple section piece that last nearly 16 minutes. This is, as you might have guessed, their rendition of legendary master composer Modest Mussorgsky's epic masterpiece Pictures at an Exhibition. This is actually an excerpt contained on their album from the 2001 remaster, which contains six of the parts: Promenade, The Gnome, Promenade, The Sage, The Hut of Baba Yaga, and The Great Gates of Kiev.

Hear Pictures at an Exhibition on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Soundgarden - Pretty Noose

My song pick two years ago today: S.M.V. - Mongoose Walk

My song pick three years ago today: The Delgados - Come Undone

My song pick four years ago today: The Doobie Brothers - China Grove

My song pick five years ago today: .38 Special - Fantasy Girl


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade