2195 Rush - The Enemy Within (Part 1 of Fear)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51rEE6G1QCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Grace Under Pressure; Year: 1984; Genre: Progressive Rock
Late last night I had the song Afterimage running through my mind, so instead of getting sleep I put on Grace Under Pressure (with headphones on of course; I didn't want to wake anyone  up in the house) and pulled out my guitar to play along resting my chin against it to get the vibration on my notes. It seem like every time I put this album on for one song it seems as if I end up playing the whole record; last night was no different.
I thought I would go ahead and pick one off of this album today, but just like yesterday's pick, I've all but every song off of it. I think I have yet to pick Kid Gloves, and I'll have to check but I believe I haven't picked Distant Early Warning.... I don't know why, but I've always been drawn to this record ever since I first dropped the needle; it's just a great album in my opinion.
Anyway, The Enemy Within is among the heavier tracks on the disc, and is also Part 1 of Neil Peart's "Fear" series of songs. The other songs in the series are: Witch Hunt (Part 3), The Weapon (Part 2), and Freeze (Part 4) from Moving Pictures, Signals, and Vapour Trails respectively.

Watch the music video clip on YouTube. -Geddy's rockin' the "grunge" look all the way back in '84! LOL!



My song pick a year ago today: Paris - Pale Horse, Pale Rider

My song pick two years ago today: Stuart Hamm - Simple Dreams

My song pick three years ago today: Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California

My song pick four years ago today: Band of Horses - Islands on the Coast

My song pick five years ago today: Jim Croce - Roller Derby Queen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)