2200 Weather Report - Second Sunday in August

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51yR8Zg1xbL._SY300_.jpg
From: I Sing the Body Electric; Year: 1972; Genre: Jazz Fusion
Well, I made it to 2200 songs picked... I really wish I had a more appropriate song to go along with the occasion, but you cannot go wrong with picking a Weather Report song on a day like today.
I really wanted to pick one of this album this morning; out of their albums, I personally have I Sing the Body Electric as my third favourite behind Mysterious Traveler and Heavy Weather.
This actually was not the song I intended on picking at all; all of the other ones I had in mind were not on YouTube. However, this track seems a pretty nice fit for today; if only I'd have thought to pick it a few days ago on Sunday it would've been perfect. I really like Wayne Shorter and Miroslav Vitouš' playing on this one; it's almost ethereal at times.

Hear Second Sunday in August on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: AC/DC - Thunderstruck

My song pick two years ago today: Victor Wooten - Norwegian Wood

My song pick three years ago today: Hawkwind - Love in Space

My song pick four years ago today: Les Paul & Mary Ford - The World is Waiting for the Sunrise

My song pick five years ago today: Aerosmith - Cryin'


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)