2802 Bob Seger - Turn the Page

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51KNNOhPAfL.jpg
From: Back In '72; Year: 1973; Genre: Rock
For no real reason, other than the fact that I love his music, I felt like picking something from Bob Seger this morning, so I thought I would go ahead and do so.
This is one of his most recognizable songs out there, but it really didn't get the notoriety until the '76 live release from Live Bullet, so many probably have never heard the original. Personally I think with the subject matter and the story, the live atmosphere sells the song a lot better and thus resonates with the listener more.

Hear the original studio version on YouTube.
Hear the much more famous live version Live Bullet on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Rage Against the Machine - The Ghost of Tom Joad

My song pick two years ago today: Dire Straits - Walk of Life

My song pick three years ago today: The Foggy Mountain Boys (Flatt & Scruggs) - Cripple Creek

My song pick four years ago today: Queensrÿche - Fear City Slide

My song pick five years ago today: Dream Theater - Light Fuse and Get Away

My song pick six years ago today: The Doors - Ghost Song

My song pick seven years ago today: Badfinger - Day After Day


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade