2797 Kansas - Dust in the Wind

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71cE6hRfyKL._SL1091_.jpg
From: Point of Know Return; Year: 1977; Genre: Progressive Rock
Yesterday I was watching a documentary on the band Kansas and I've had their music on the brain ever since.
This one is probably to this day their biggest hit that is almost instantly recognizable to almost anybody, no matter what a person's personal musical preferences. This song is one that has it all in perfect portions; it's musically technical, but also catchy; it's big, but also unobtrusive; and the lyrics are deep, poetic, and philosophical, but almost all people that listen to it find something to they can identify with.

Hear Dust in the Wind on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: King Crimson - Red

My song pick two years ago today: Sky - March to the Scaffold

My song pick three years ago today: Rhapsody of Fire - Holy Thunderforce

My song pick four years ago today: Guided by Voices - Everybody Thinks I’m a Raincloud (When I'm Not Looking)

My song pick five years ago today: Gorō Yamaguchi - Tsuru No Sugomori (Crane's Nest)

My song pick six years ago today: M83 - Don't Save Us From The Flames

My song pick seven years ago today: Heart - Dreamboat Annie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn