2775 Big Brother and the Holding Company (Janis Joplin) - Summertime

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71AXd-4pwDL.jpg
From: Cheap Thrills; Year: 1968; Genre: Blues/Blues Rock
Last night I had this often covered George Gershwin and DuBose Heyward aria from the opera Porgy and Bess running through my mind; the Big Brother & the Holding Company version to be exact.

Hear Summertime on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Genesis - Seven Stones

My song pick two years ago today: Stuart Hamm - Call of the Wild

My song pick three years ago today: Wilson Pickett - Funk Factory

My song pick four years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Life Still Goes On (I'm Lonely)

My song pick five years ago today: Nirvana - In Bloom

My song pick six years ago today: Static X - I'm With Stupid

My song pick seven years ago today: Ian Anderson - Eurology


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)