2853 The Who - 905

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61FPPehhVtL._SS280.jpg
From: Who Are You; Year: 1978; Genre: Hard Rock
After listening to some stuff The Who last night I really got in the mood to listen a bunch more today, and of course, I decided that I would pick one of their songs too.
905 is one from the pen of John Entwistle and was originally supposed to be part of a rock opera based in a future setting he was composing, but sadly it apparently never came to fruition. This one is a very existential song sung from the point of view of a clone being forced, (albeit of his own will), to live a life predetermined in his make up.
The music is a great mix of electronic and conventional music; it's done and arranged very well. John Entwistle's vocals and playing are really good as well; it's amazing that this wasn't promoted as a single, however I'm not a good judge of popular mainstream music. To me music should do more for someone than make them want to get drunk or shake their keister. :P

Hear 905 on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Alan Parsons Project - I Wouldn't Want to Be Like You

My song pick two years ago today: Rush - 2112

My song pick three years ago today: Elvis Presley - Hound Dog

My song pick four years ago today: Tesla - I Wanna Live

My song pick five years ago today: Rammstein - Eifersucht

My song pick six years ago today: Duran Duran - Lay Lady Lay

My song pick seven years ago today: Genesis - Mama


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade