1090 Hawkwind - Love in Space

1090 Hawkwind - Love in Space
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1b/Love_in_Space_-_Hawkwind.jpg

This track has been running through my mind today, so I'm adding this space rock tune on this Saturday. As with most Hawkwind tracks it is quite different and there is a lot to listen to in the song; it is definitely not for the mainstream pop aficionados.
Since there have been no manned missions in outer space for about 38 years; (Apollo 17) I guess we would have to settle for "love in low orbit" at this time if it was to happen; that would roughly put them at what? The 250-350 kilometer high club; (155-217 mile high club)? If I remember right space begins at roughly the 200,000 kilometer (124,000 mile) mark, so they would still have a ways to go to achieve true "love in space;" I doubt anyone has ever joined the 250km+ high club. Anyway, enough scientific silliness.

Here is a recording in a fan video on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Les Paul & Mary Ford - The World is Waiting for the Sunrise
My song pick two years ago today: Aerosmith - Cryin'

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade