1102 Eisbrecher - Mein Blut

1102 Eisbrecher - Mein Blut
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1f/Eisbrecher_album_cover.png

Pick #2 in my "Also Known as Rammstein" theme week, i.e. bands who have been mislabeled as Rammstein here in America.
I first found out about Eisbrecher's music a little over 5 years ago; this was the first song of theirs that I heard; it was also their first hit single. Almost immediately everywhere I looked people were attributing this track to Rammstein.
Other than it being another German act in the Neue Deutsche Härte genre I have no idea how people could mistake this for being a Rammstein track. First of all to my ear Alexander Wesselsky's vocals are just as distinctive as Till Lindemann's and secondly, Eisbrecher's music, at least on their debut album, contains much more electronic synth.
Anyway, long story short, this track got me into the band's music and made me a fan. Although, admittedly, I haven't closely followed them since their '06 Antikörper album; I have heard material off of their two albums since and still like what their making; in some cases even more.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Lookin' Out For #1
My song pick two years ago today: Rammstein - Sonne

+

Comments

  1. I like this theme. I might post a week's worth of parody songs commonly misattributed to Weird Al.

    Hell, I could probably do that for an entire month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be an awesome theme as well! There is almost endless amount of source material "credited" to him. Weird Al is probably one of the most prolific songwriters ever to not write songs.
    Looking forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade