1476 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1049 - Brandenburg Concerto No.4 in G major

1476 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1049 - Brandenburg Concerto No.4 in G major

BWV 1049, Year: 1721
Genre: Baroque Period/classical


Today marks the fourth year since I started my Song a Day Blog and as usual, except for the one year I forgot, I'm picking one of J.S. Bach's Brandenburg Concertos.
Well, I guess I only have two left to pick from. For no reason whatsoever I'm going with his fourth one; I suppose that next year's pick won't be a big surprise.
While four other Brandenburg Concertos have been picked before, by no means is this my fifth favourite out of the bunch; just as I do on a normal day, the song has to fit my mood. However, I will admit that the 2nd and 5th Concertos are my favourites.
This is such a beautiful and inspiring piece of music.

Here is a performance of the piece by The Freiberg Baroque Orchestra:
Here is Part 1: Allegro on YouTube.
Here is Part 2: Andante on YouTube.
Here is Part 3: Presto on YouTube.

Here is a performance of the piece by The Münchener Bach Orchester, conducted by Karl Richter:
Here is Part 1: Allegro on YouTube.
Here is Part 2: Andante and Part 3: Presto on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1046 - Brandenburg Concerto No.1 in F major

My song pick two years ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed

My song pick three years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1050 - Brandenburg Concerto No.5

My song pick four years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1047 - Brandenburg Concerto No. 2

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade