1501 Jimi Hendrix - Machine Gun

1501 Jimi Hendrix - Machine Gun
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61dndq8Sv5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Band of Gypsys, (Midnight Lightning), Years: 1970, (1975)
Genre: Rock/Blues/Psychedelia

I always find the first pick after a milestone pick to be a bit difficult due to having the feeling that I'm starting over again; I want to have a really good one to start with. I've had this one in mind for quite a while now; it seemed like an excellent pick for today. This is one of my favourite Jimi Hendrix songs; it showcases why his is considered one of the greatest musicians of the last century.
The song was originally released on his live Band of Gypsys album, but was also released posthumously on the Midnight Lightning album, only a lot shorter in length and not as good in my opinion.

Here is a fan video with a live version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Django Reinhardt & Stéphane Grappelli (Quintette du Hot Club de France) featuring Freddy Taylor - After You've Gone

My song pick two years ago today: The Beatles - Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)

My song pick three years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Commotion

My song pick four years ago today: Don Henley - Boys of Summer

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade