1482 Rush - Distant Early Warning

1482 Rush - Distant Early Warning
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51rEE6G1QCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Grace Under Pressure, Year: 1984
Genre: Progressive Rock

I was thinking about this song most of the morning; it is one of the more popular Rush songs and can be heard on the radio every now and then.
This was, I believe, the second Rush song I learned to play on the bass in its entirety. I learned to play Tom Sawyer at about the same time and it was a quite a long while ago, so it actually could be the third. I've always loved the neat time signature changes and rhythmic devices used in this song, which was one of the main reasons I decided to learn to play it in the first place.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is the music video on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: David Bowie - Oh! You Pretty Things

My song pick two years ago today: Santana - Every Step of the Way

My song pick three years ago today: Megadeth - Washington is Next!

My song pick four years ago today: Rammstein - Stripped

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)