1489 Coven - Wicked Woman

1489 Coven - Wicked Woman
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6a/Coven-Witchcraft_Destroys_Minds.jpg
From: Witchcraft Destroys Minds & Reaps Souls, Year: 1969
Genre: Metal/Psychedelic Rock

It's hard to believe that this is the same band that recorded the famous pop protest song: One Tin Soldier, which can be found here on YouTube. They were actually one of the earlier Metal bands to use dark imagery and subject matter in their music for shock value. In fact, from what I've read about it this album, which was their debut, brought about enough controversy that it was removed from store shelves; it actually made it a collectors item.
Anyway, the first time I heard this song I was blown away by Jinx Dawson's powerful vocals and Jim Donlinger's blazing guitar.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Pink Floyd - In the Flesh?

My song pick two years ago today: Joachim Witt and Peter Heppner - Die Flut

My song pick three years ago today: Jim Croce - You Don't Mess Around With Jim

My song pick four years ago today: Canned Heat - On The Road Again

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade