1479 Three Dog Night - Heaven is in Your Mind

1479 Three Dog Night - Heaven is in Your Mind
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31jd3%2BhTrSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Three Dog Night (One), Year: 1968
Genre: Rock/Psychedelia

I had this song playing in my head most of the morning this Sunday. I decided that if I could find it on YouTube I would make it my pick for today, and sure enough it was there. As with the majority of Three Dog Night's songs, this is a cover; it was originally written by Steve Winwood, Jim Capaldi, and Chris Wood and recorded a year earlier on the Traffic album Mr. Fantasy.
This is another one of my favourite "headphone music" tracks; I love how they played with vocals and harmonies to make an interesting sounding song.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a television video clip circa '69 on YouTube.

Here is the original version performed by Traffic on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Queensrÿche - One & Only

My song pick two years ago today: The Spiders - Back

My song pick three years ago today: Nena - Mach Die Augen Auf

My song pick four years ago today: The Offspring - Feelings

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn