1700 Ian Anderson - Shunt and Shuffle

From: Thick as a Brick 2: Whatever Happened to Gerald Bostock; Year: 2012; Genre: Progressive Rock
I'm up late, or early depending on how you look at it, wrapping up this rather busy day and I didn't put a lot of thought into my 1700th pick. I know I already picked one off of it yesterday, but I've been listening to this album a lot since I got it, so I thought I would go ahead and choose a second song for this pick.
While there are better tracks on the album, this one from the "Gerald: A Most Ordinary Man" section of the album felt like a good song to pick. For some reason the music from this track reminds me of the late '80s/early '90s 'Tull. The lyrics are almost totally borrowed from the prior song: Cosy Corner, although the harder rock music makes it still unique when compared to the other song. I believe was intended on giving a sense of the drudgery of the life of Gerald Bostock in this 'what if'.

Hear Shunt and Shuffle on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Def Leppard - Waterloo Sunset

My song pick two years ago today: John Denver - Spirit

My song pick three years ago today: Sly and the Family Stone - Everyday People

My song pick four years ago today: David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)