1726 Van der Graaf Generator - Pioneers Over c.

From: H to He, Who Am the Only One; Year: 1970; Genre: Progressive Rock
I felt like listening to some VdGG today; this one was among the first songs I put on. Musically, this song and entire album for that matter, I would say is progressive in the extreme; complete with large, complex sounds and arrangements, odd rhythmic devices and signature changes, and of course amazing musicianship. Lyrically it is just as strange, it chronicles a voyage through space, which eventually ends with the crew being stuck in a void of time, space, and even reality/existence. I absolutely love how they wrote this song's title: "c." is, of course, the symbol that denotes the Speed of Light, so the title of the song would actually be: "Pioneers Over The Speed of Light."

Hear the first 8+ minutes of Pioneers Over c. on YouTube.
Hear the final 4+ minutes of Pioneers Over c. on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Al Di Meola - Race With Devil on Spanish Highway

My song pick two years ago today: Falco - Titanic

My song pick three years ago today: The Guess Who - Undun

My song pick four years ago today: Lynyrd Skynyrd - The Ballad of Curtis Loew

+

Comments

  1. Where's the beeeeeeat????? You can't dance to this!

    So in the end I decided not to pay to have my blog migrated. For now at least. But PressHarbor does have my old files and they said they'd keep them around so I could conceivably do the migration later if my situation improves.

    But yeah, I think you can take me out of your blogroll now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn straight, this music is made to listen to with headphones on!

      That's good to hear, but it still sucks that they're holding your blog hostage in an effort to extort some cash. I hope you will start your blog up again soon, it's been a bit lonely with only three active bloggers left. Yeah, I should probably remove your old blog from the blogroll. Maybe you can start up a temporary blog in the meantime?
      Anyway, when you've restarted your blog send me a link.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade