1707 Pallas - Rise and Fall, Part 1

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41SMRN3EBRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: The Sentinel; Year: 1984; Genre: Progressive Rock
A little over a few months ago I rediscovered this phenomenal band and their equally amazing album The Sentinel, which I've had in my player more than a bit ever since.
This song would've been the overture of the greater concept album if the record company had left it as it was intended; at least the band later fixed it upon it's re-release. This is another song rife with ear candy for the progressive rock fan; it seems as if every time I listen to this album I hear something new that grabs my attention. On this song in particular Grahame Murray's bass guitar really shines.

Hear Rise and Fall Part 1 on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Counting Crows - Mr. Jones

My song pick two years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin Out My Back Door

My song pick three years ago today: The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions

My song pick four years ago today: The Tornadoes - Telstar

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn